One principle and one method usedWe want to distinguish ourselves from the "ghost hunters", by using scientific methods.
This provides the best basis for a thorough study, excluding environmental and potentially hazardous factors as soon as possible.
In addition to applying the principle: "The simple explanation is often the most likely", we apply The scientific Method with the Hypo-Deductive method.
Not to bore the reader, the methods are shortly:
- First a hypothesis if formulated based on assumptions and existing knowledge. The hypothesis could be formulated such that it can predict an experiment with a given accuracy. Important is that the experiment is able to fail - that is, here we must be able to detect cheating or fraud.
- Next, an experiment to give measurement data.
- Finally, we analyze measurement data and assessing how great degree hypothesis suit measurement data. If a correlation exists, the experiment demonstrates that the hypothesis can hold. Conversely, it is possible for the experiment to fail even if the hypothesis is strong, either as a result of experimental error or because the hypothesis is wrong.
- To show that a hypothesis holds is still based on the assumption that one experiment represents all phenomena described by the experiment.
It is very important for us to erradicate obvious hoaxing. Hoaxing is doing its part, rediculing the field of the paranormal. Examining the paranormal is demanding, as the phenomena are highly upredictable.
How does The scientific Method work with something as unconventional as the paranormal?
- When contacted by you, we gain knowledge and make assumptions. From here we can form a hypothesis
- We can then plan an "experiment", ie visit or study, with the equipment and precision necessary from our hypothesis. We get here measurement data.
- We analyze the data, and can the prove og disprove a hypothesis. (Eg. "Grandmother's shadow is in the living room"). We can, for example, measure shadows that look like "grandmother" and get a communication that is unequivocally "Grandmother". Or we can disprove the hypothesis by showing the shadows are caused by light.
- Our experiments are not only "local". We combine our knowledge and will try to compare it with other hypotheses.
What is the ultimate purpose?Of course, our main purpose is to help you. We want to resolve or help you coping with the experience you have had.
Furthermore, our purpose is to collect data on all results. We hope to find some kind of common denominator. In this way, we might one day come to a greater understanding of the paranormal: Is it something one must (can) live with, or is it rather a "pest" in life.